Today we’ll be bringing baseball and math together for this fun game: Three Strikes, You’re Out!
This activity is best for those learning basic addition and subtraction.
To do this activity, you will need:
- Printable Sheets (from MathWire.com)
- 2 Dice
- Laminating paper or a sheet protector
- Dry erase markers
- Dry erase eraser
- Print out the game board and either laminate it or put it into a plastic page protector.
- Place 9 markers on your Three Strikes game board and circle the remaining two numbers with your dry erase marker. The numbers circled are now your strike numbers
- The first player rolls the dice, adds the numbers, and removes a player from that number. If the number is one of their strike numbers they must put an “X” in the strike box.
- The second player rolls the dice, adds the numbers, and removes a player from that number. If the number is one of their strike numbers they must put an “X” in the strike box.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4. If a player rolls a number from which they have already removed a player they do nothing for that round. The game is over when one person removes all their players or one person gets three strikes.