Today we’re going to learn about color mixing with this fun and easy walking water experiment!
To make this activity, you’ll need:
- Small plastic cups or glasses (clear works best)
- Paper towels
- Red, yellow, and blue food coloring
- Place 7 cups in a row or circle.
- Put water in the odd numbered cups: 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th.
- Add 5 drops of red food coloring to the 1st & 7th cups.
- Add 5 drops of yellow food coloring to the 3rd cup.
- Add 5 drops of blue food coloring to the 5th cup.
- Take half a sheet of paper towel and fold it in half long ways (hot-dog style) twice.
- Place one half of the paper towel in the first cup and the other half in the second cup.
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 until there is a paper towel linking all the cups.
- Watch and be amazed!